The Asahi Kasei Group is structured with Asahi Kasei Corp. as a holding company and nine core operating companies focused on specific fields of operation.
The nine core operating companies enjoy broad independence and autonomy to swiftly adapt and respond to changes in the operating environment. The holding company is focused on strategic planning & analysis, administration of resources, oversight of management execution, and development of new businesses which extend beyond the scope of any single operating segment.
Chemicals & Fibers
- Asahi Kasei Chemicals
- We classify our businesses in two categories; one is earmarked for strategic expansion through proactive investments, and the other is focused on stable growth and earnings through well-balanced investments to enhance differentiation and achieve higher added value. We will grow as a key driver of the Asahi Kasei Group Vision of “living in health and comfort” and “harmony with the natural environment.”
- Asahi Kasei Fibers
- We are expanding business in non-apparel and industrial-use materials as well as global business as part of the transformation of our business portfolio, shifting from a structure centered on the domestic market and material for apparel. Our domestic operations are being enhanced to reinforce the operational foundation and nurture new operations.
Homes & Construction Materials
- Asahi Kasei Homes
- We are advancing with a high-earnings operational structure and strong brand recognition in the Japanese urban homes market. Our business structure is being transformed to create synergies through further expansion of order-built homes operations, expansion of remodeling, real estate, and financial services, and development of new business.
- Asahi Kasei Construction Materials
- The focus of our innovation is placed on the development of high-value added products and construction technologies. We provide solution-based products and services to meet increasingly sophisticated customer needs in our four core areas of autoclaved aerated concrete (AAC), foundation systems, insulation materials, and structural components, contributing to enhanced infrastructure in Japan.
- Asahi Kasei Microdevices
- We provide devices and functions that are essential for the manufacturing processes and final products of our customers, through our innovative development, design, and production technology coupled with a robust marketing network. We will continue to build on our established presence to maintain industry leadership in the electronics field.
- Asahi Kasei E-materials
- We help make life more comfortable through leading-edge product development that enables us to offer our customers new value for the advancement of the energy and electronics industries.
- Asahi Kasei Pharma
- We are growing as a specialty pharmaceutical firm with a global presence by focusing on the development of new world-class drugs in selected therapeutic fields. In diagnostics, management resources are concentrated on products with strong growth prospects.
- Asahi Kasei Medical
- We are transforming from our established base in devices for extracorporeal circulation to develop as a comprehensive leader in blood-related healthcare systems, spanning from disease treatment to preventive medicine. Healthcare systems are also being developed in regenerative medicine, neurology, and other fields, and resources are proactively invested in manufacturing plants and R&D for global expansion.
- ZOLL Medical
- We continue to expand our market presence by offering best-in-class, technically superior products focused on resuscitation and critical care and by adding new capabilities, including innovative data management systems designed to expedite and improve care.
|Asahi Kasei Amidas Co., Ltd.
Employment agency, consulting
|Asahi Kasei Commerce Co., Ltd.
Sale of Asahi Kasei products
|Asahi Kasei Engineering Corp.
Plant, equipment, process engineering
|Asahi Kasei Trading Co., Ltd.
Sale of Asahi Kasei products
|Asahi Organic Chemicals Industry Co., Ltd.
Synthetic resin, fabricated plastic products
|Asahi Research Center Co., Ltd.
Information and analysis
|Crystal IS, Inc.
Development of aluminum nitride substrates and UV LEDs