The ongoing trust of people throughout the world is earned by compliance with law, social norms, and internal corporate regulations, by respect for local culture and customs, and for human rights, and by conduct based on high ethical values.
Corporate Ethics – Basic Policy and Code of Conduct
Our Corporate Ethics – Basic Policy and Code of Conduct is the standard and guide for ethical conduct throughout the day-to-day work of each and every member of the Asahi Kasei Group. It has been translated into English and Chinese, and it or an equivalent standard applies to all companies in which our ownership exceeds fifty percent.
Basic Policy for Corporate Ethics
- Creating value, contributing to society
- Through the creation of new value in accord with the times, in harmony with society, the Asahi Kasei Group strives for the well being of its customers, shareholders, employees and society, and engages actively in service and contribution to society.
- Caring for environment, health, and safety
- Deeply aware of the responsibility of the corporation for preservation of the global environment, irreplaceable for humankind, the Asahi Kasei Group conducts every phase of corporate operation, from product development to production, use, and disposal, with consideration and care for environment, safety, and health.
- Honoring law and norms of society
- As a responsible corporate citizen, the Asahi Kasei Group honors the law as an intrinsic prerequisite and respects the norms of society in the conduct of all corporate activities.
- Excluding subversive elements
- The Asahi Kasei Group opposes and rejects any subversive, antisocial elements and their threats to the quality of life and livelihood of citizens and to the conduct of fair and lawful corporate activities.
- Respecting the individual
- The Asahi Kasei Group respects the individuality and character of each employee, and ensures a working environment free from harassment and groundless discrimination.
- Ensuring transparency
- The Asahi Kasei Group communicates with shareholders and with community and society, with active and appropriate disclosure of corporate information.
- Respecting information and intellectual property
- The Asahi Kasei Group honors the proprietary nature of intellectual assets, including business and corporate confidentiality, respecting the rights of others as well as protecting its own.
- Practicing corporate ethics
- The Asahi Kasei Group calls on all of its employees to honor and embrace its corporate ethics, and seeks to ensure their responsible conduct as good corporate members, in its establishment and maintenance of corporate regulations, instruction, education and training, and inspection and auditing.
Protection of personal information
Asahi Kasei is committed to the proper handling and use of personal information, in accordance with our basic policy.
Education and training for all employees–including the distribution of an information security handbook which describes our rules for handling information, and the provision of education via e-learning–is monitored by the Corporate Ethics Committee.
Basic policy for protection of personal information
- 1.We handle personal information properly and in compliance with the Personal Information Protection Law and other applicable statutes, and in conformance with generally accepted norms and standards.
- 2.We ensure that personnel throughout the Asahi Kasei Group thoroughly understand and faithfully comply with corporate standards and regulations for the handling of personal information.
- 3.We use personal information only for the specific purposes which have been indicated or announced at the time of its receipt.
- 4.We employ appropriate measures in the maintenance and management of personal information to ensure against unauthorized alteration, disclosure, and loss of personal information.
- 5.We will respond in good faith to requests from you to confirm, revise, cease using, or delete personal information.