Asahi Kasei Group Code of Conduct
Significance of the Asahi Kasei Group Code of Conduct
The Asahi Kasei Group Code of conduct, which was established in April 2017, is a practical guide and standard for ethical conduct throughout the day-to-day work of each and every member of the Asahi Kasei Group. Members of the Asahi Kasei Group are expected to act with sincerity and uphold high ethical standards throughout their work to fulfill our Group Mission in accordance with our Group Values.
Note: Measures to gain understanding and familiarity with the Asahi Kasei Group Code of Conduct among subsidiaries and affiliates located outside Japan are scheduled to be performed henceforth.
Outline of the Asahi Kasei Group Code of Conduct
- 1.Ensuring safety, environmental protection, and high quality to contribute to life and living
- 1）Maintaining thorough safety in all aspects
- 2）Provision of safe and high-quality products and services that customers can rely on
- 3）Thorough management of workplace safety, ensuring safe and comfortable workplace environments
- 4）Environmental protection and harmony with local communities
- 2.Maintaining sincere relationships with various related parties around us
- 5）Timely and appropriate disclosure of information to society
- 6）Appropriate descriptions to customers, provision of safe and reliable products and services
- 7）Healthy relationships with customers and government officials
- 8）Fair relationships with competitors
- 9）Optimized procurement and healthy and appropriate relationships with suppliers
- 10)Respect for human rights and diversity
- 3.Utilizing management assets appropriately and effectively
- 11)Performing work with integrity and responsibility
- 12)Compliance with accounting and tax rules, protecting company property
- 13)Protecting and managing information
- 14)Protecting and respecting intellectual property rights
- 15)Compliance with laws and regulations, practicing corporate ethics
The Asahi Kasei Group began employing a Compliance Hotline in April 2005 to ensure that any possible ethical lapses which employees may encounter or observe are dealt with swiftly and appropriately. Reports can be made through the corporate intranet or by post (to a specified law firm), in the name of the reporting party or anonymously.
Structures are in place to ensure that the reporting party incurs no disfavor or disadvantage as a result of having made a report.
In fiscal 2015, the system was expanded to enable suppliers and their employees to report or consult.
Prevention of bribery
The Asahi Kasei Group Policies for Prevention of Bribery are available below.
Information protection and management
Information Security Countermeasures
Recognizing the importance of countermeasures to protect against information security risks, we established the Asahi Kasei Group Information Security Policy and aim to ensure and further improve information security.
Asahi Kasei Group Information Security Policy
As ensuring information security is an important management responsibility, the Asahi Kasei Group declares that it faithfully applies its established information security policy.
- 1.Legal Compliance
We comply with laws and internal regulations concerning information security.
- 2.System Establishment
We have an established system to safeguard information security throughout the organization.
- 3.Implementation of Countermeasures
We implement appropriate information security countermeasures corresponding to our information assets to prevent information security incidents. In the event that an incident occurs, we respond swiftly and appropriately, strive to minimize any damage, and endeavor to prevent any recurrence.
- 4.Education of Employees
We provide information security training to all employees to ensure full awareness of the importance of information security and the proper use of information assets.
- 5.Continuous Improvement
We continuously assess our efforts for information security, and apply improvements as necessary.
- December 1, 2016
Asahi Kasei Corporation
Protection of personal information
Asahi Kasei is committed to the proper handling and use of personal information, in accordance with our Group Regulation for Management of Personal Information. Education and training for all employees includes the distribution of an information security handbook, which describes our rules for handling information, and the provision of education via e-learning.
Protection of intellectual property
The Asahi Kasei Group implements strict measures to prevent unauthorized or unintentional outflow of technological information and know-how in accordance with its basic policy and management standards for prevention of technology outflow. The Asahi Kasei Group also applies internal guidelines summarizing related precautions to take when entering business overseas as well as procedures to ensure the preservation of prior-use rights in China.
The company’s internal magazine is used to raise further awareness among personnel, and workshops are held for training and education regarding protection of intellectual property.
For more information about our intellectual property, please refer to the Asahi Kasei Group Intellectual Property Report.
Market Compliance Committee
The Market Compliance Committee, which was formed in 1976, oversees compliance with the Antimonopoly Act (AMA). To ensure against any violation of the AMA such as participation in a price cartel, all across-the-board price increases require the approval of the committee before they can be implemented. The committee met 4 times in fiscal 2016, reviewing 17 cases. There was no violation of antimonopoly law in fiscal 2016.
Export Control Committee
The Export Control Committee, which was formed in 1987, oversees compliance with export-related regulations. Regular duties related to export control are performed by our Export Control Dept., with significant cases requiring the approval of the Export Control Committee. The Export Control Committee did not meet in fiscal 2016, as there were no matters warranting discussion. There was no violation of export-related regulations in fiscal 2016.