Safety is a fundamental prerequisite for the continuation of operations as a corporate member of society. To ensure that every aspect of safety is maintained, the Asahi Kasei Group implements a Responsible Care (RC) program comprising the 6 pillars of operational safety, workplace safety and hygiene, environmental protection, health maintenance, product safety, and community outreach.
Message from the Executive for RC
Senior Executive Officer
Asahi Kasei Corp.
The spirit of RC is autonomy, responsibility, and open disclosure. At the Asahi Kasei Group, we go beyond mere compliance with laws and regulations as we operate our businesses with due consideration for all matters related to the environment, health, and safety. In July 2014, we established our Global Environment Action Committee to further deepen and expedite our efforts to achieve a low-carbon and recycling-oriented society, to protect water resources, and to coexist in harmony with nature. We are integrating global environmental measures together with business activities to fulfill our social responsibility in accordance with our Group Vision of enabling harmony with the natural environment. In addition, we advanced a wide range of RC efforts including training and education at all organizational levels. In certain areas where we can perform better, we are redoubling our efforts to raise results in line with our commitment to prevent accidents and disasters, maintain product safety, and promote employee health, for complete achievement of all RC objectives.
- Responsible Care at Asahi Kasei
- RC at the Asahi Kasei Group is not limited to chemicals-related operations but encompass operations in all fields, including homes, health care, fibers, electronics, and construction materials.
- Environmental protection
- Our environmental protection effort includes measures to prevent pollution-causing accidents and measures to help preserve biodiversity under our ISO14001 environmental management system.
- Operational safety
- Our ongoing, autonomous program to ensure operational safety includes safety assessment and hazard identification in accordance with a basic safety management policy, and specific plans are implemented on both annual and multi-year cycles.
- Workplace safety and hygiene
- Our effort to prevent workplace accidents is integrated in a comprehensive OHSMS program that combines conventional safety initiatives with risk assessments and a prevention-oriented plan-do-check-act system.
- Health maintenance
- In our effort to promote and maintain employee health, we provide both physical and mental health checkups as well as appropriate care.
- Product safety
- To ensure the provision of products that the customer can use safely and reliably, we constantly strive to improve product safety and product quality, while maintaining consistent production control.
- Managing chemical substances
- We manage chemical substances rigorously and responsibly throughout the product life cycle, from R&D to use and disposal.