Responsible Care at the Asahi Kasei Group
The program of Responsible Care is a key element in management of the Asahi Kasei Group, comprising the six pillars of environmental protection, product safety, operational safety, workplace safety & hygiene, health maintenance, and community outreach.
RC represents the commitment and initiative to secure and improve safety and environmental protection at every step of the product life cycle through the individual determination and responsibility of each firm producing and handling chemical products, together with measures to gain greater public trust through disclosure and communication.
- Operational Safety
- The Asahi Kasei Group’s effort to prevent fires, explosions, and leaks of hazardous substances includes risk assessments and process reviews from a wide variety of perspectives.
- Workplace safety and hygiene
- Our effort to prevent workplace accidents is integrated in a comprehensive OHSMS program that combines conventional safety initiatives with risk assessments and a prevention-oriented plan-do-check-act system.
- Health Maintenance
- In our efforts to promote and maintain employee health, we provide both physical and mental health checkups as well as appropriate care.
- Product Safety
- To ensure the provision of products that the customer can use safely and reliably, we constantly strive to improve product safety and product quality, while maintaining consistent production control.
- Managing Chemical Substances
- We manage chemical substances strictly and appropriately throughout the product life cycle from R&D to use and disposal.
Asahi Kasei Group Responsible Care Principles
Throughout the product life cycle from R&D to disposal, utmost consideration is given to environmental preservation, product safety, operational safety, and workplace hygiene and health as preeminent management tasks in all operations worldwide.
- 1.Environmental preservation is achieved by ameliorating the environmental burden of operations while giving full consideration to the environment in the development of new technologies and products.
- 2.Product safety is ensured by evaluating the safety of products and providing safety information.
- 3.The safety of personnel and members of the community is secured through endeavors to maintain stable operation and improve technologies for safety and disaster prevention.
- 4.Workplace accidents are prevented through improvements to the workplace environment and plant modifications to achieve inherent safety.
- 5.Maintenance and promotion of employee health is supported by efforts to achieve a comfortable workplace environment.
In addition to maintaining legal compliance, continuous improvement is pursued through attainment of self-imposed targets based on results of risk assessment. Public understanding and trust is gained through proactive communication and information disclosure.