Asahi Kasei announces Klaran™-AKR, a small UVC LED running water sterilizer
Exhibiting at Aquatech China 2018
Asahi Kasei Corp.
Asahi Kasei developed Klaran™-AKR, a small UVC LED running water sterilizer, and will exhibit it at Aquatech China 2018, held from May 31 to June 2, 2018, in Shanghai.
Klaran™-AKR is the first drinking water sterilizer utilizing high-output long-life Klaran™ UVC LEDs for disinfection based on aluminum nitride (AlN) substrates, manufactured and sold by Asahi Kasei’s subsidiary Crystal IS, Inc. Asahi Kasei developed the new drinking water sterilizer featuring small size, light weight, and highly reliable disinfection by leveraging its unique design technology for modularization of Klaran™ UVC LEDs. With disinfection performance of 99.9% or more against E. Coli being verified by evaluation testing at an independent certifying body, Klaran™-AKR is suitable for point-of-use water sterilization in applications such as bottled water dispensers, water purifiers, or water used at medical facilities.
Asahi Kasei Microdevices Corp. will begin the mass production and sale of Klaran™-AKR in September 2018, and expand the business to meet the global demand for safer water.
Features of Klaran™-AKR
- Disinfection performance of 99.9% or more against E. Coli at 2 L/min water flow
- Employing high-output Klaran™ UVC LEDs for disinfection
- On-board LED driver
- Small size suitable for various applications
- Environmentally friendly, mercury-free, and RoHS1 compliant
Corporate profile of Crystal IS, Inc.
- 1997 (spinoff from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute)
- New York, USA
- Larry Felton
- Development, manufacturing and sale of UVC LEDs using AlN substrates
- 1 EU Directive for the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment.