In the course of doing business, the Asahi Kasei Group receives personal information (the term “personal information” is used herein as defined in Article 2, Paragraph 1, of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003)) such as names, postal addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses from consumers, clients, suppliers, shareholders, and others, in addition to the personal information of our executives and employees which we hold. We are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of this personal information, and to ensuring that it is handled appropriately in accordance with this policy.
Because this policy may be revised, we recommend that you refer to this page again from time to time.
- (1)We handle personal information properly and in compliance with the Personal Information Protection Law and other applicable statutes, and in conformance with generally accepted norms and standards.
- (2)We ensure that personnel throughout the Asahi Kasei Group thoroughly understand and faithfully comply with corporate standards and regulations for the handling of personal information.
- (3)We use personal information only for the specific purposes which have been indicated or announced at the time of its receipt.
- (4)We employ appropriate measures in the maintenance and management of personal information to ensure against unauthorized alteration, disclosure, and loss of personal information.
- (5)We will respond in good faith to requests from you to confirm, revise, cease using, or delete your personal information.
Specifics are described below.
Purpose of use
- (1)Response to inquiries or requests.
- (2)Provision, accumulation, investigation, and study of, and response to, information related to products and services.
- (3)Notification of trade shows or other events related to products and services.
- (4)Presentation of gifts or rewards won in drawings or competitions.
- (5)Inquiry, communication (including distribution of reports), consultation, discussion, study, contracting, placement and receipt of orders, shipment, invoicing, receipt of payment, remittance of payment, and management of credits and debts in relation to commercial transactions, Responsible Care, investor relations, financial transactions, and pension-fund management.
- (6)Investigation and study of, and response to, circumstances of use of products and services and needs related thereto.
- (7)Management of entrance and egress of persons and vehicles entering Asahi Kasei Group facilities.
- (8)Liaison with communities where Asahi Kasei Group facilities are located.
- (9)Notification and reporting to governmental agencies, municipal offices, and public bodies.
|Information subject to shared use||Purpose of shared use||Responsible party|
|Names and contact information held by General Affairs||Appropriate response to inquiries and requests||Senior General Manager of General Affairs|
|Names and contact information held by Corporate Procurement & Logistics||Execution of duties related to procurement||Senior General Manager of Corporate Procurement & Logistics|
|Names and contact information held by Corporate Accounting & Control and Corporate Finance||Management of credits and debts, handling payments||Senior General Manager of Corporate Accounting & Control and Senior General Manager of Corporate Finance|
Disclosure to third parties
In cases where it becomes necessary to disclose personal information to subcontractors in the course of outsourcing, Asahi Kasei Group companies conclude agreements with the subcontracted firms requiring that such personal information is handled in accordance with Asahi Kasei Group standards. The handling of personal information by subcontracted firms is monitored and supervised to ensure compliance.
The only other cases where personal information is disclosed to third parties are described below.
- (1)If we have your prior approval to do so.
- (2)If the possibility of such disclosure was clearly indicated at the time personal information was received.
- (3)If appropriate response to an inquiry or request necessitates disclosure to an Asahi Kasei Group company.
- (4)If information in a form which precludes personal identification is disclosed for statistical analysis.
- (5)If merger, business separation, or business transfer necessitates disclosure for the succession of operations.
- (6)If required by law or regulation.
- (7)If necessitated for the protection of a person’s life, health, or assets, and we are unable to obtain your prior approval.
- (8)If required in the course of cooperation with governmental authorities and obtaining your prior approval would impede the authorities in the execution of their duties.
Personal information inquiries
For your examination and confirmation, you may request that we disclose to you the retained personal data of yours which we hold or that we notify you of the purposes for which we may use it. Upon verifying that the person making such a request is the person for whom disclosure is being requested or a duly authorized proxy thereof, we will respond in a reasonable time and to a reasonable extent.
- (2)Correction, revision
You may request that we correct or revise the retained personal data of yours which we hold. Upon verifying that the identity of the person making such a request is the person for whom correction or revision is being requested or a duly authorized proxy thereof, we will respond in a reasonable time and to a reasonable extent if the data we hold is inaccurate.
- (3)Cessation of use, deletion
You may request that we cease using, delete, or cease disclosing to third parties the retained personal data of yours which we hold. Upon verifying that the identity of the person making such a request is the person for whom cessation of use or deletion is being requested, or a duly authorized proxy thereof, we will respond in a reasonable time and to a reasonable extent.
Please note that the cessation of use, deletion, or cessation of disclosure to third parties of part or all of your personal information may prevent us from providing you with certain services. Please also note that relevant regulations provide that we may decline to fulfill such a request in certain cases.
- (4)How to contact us
Requests for confirmation, correction, revision, cessation of use, or deletion of retained personal data may be made through the inquiry form, by fax to +81-(0)3-3296-3161, or by post to Corporate Affairs, 1-105 Kanda Jinbocho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8101, Japan.
- (5)Handling fee
Costs which we incur to fulfill a request for confirmation, correction, revision, cessation of use, or deletion of retained personal data may be charged to you or your duly authorized proxy as a handling fee.
This website (www.asahi-kasei.co.jp/asahi/en/)
- (1)Security precautions
Reasonable and appropriate security measures are employed in the maintenance and management of personal information in order to ensure against risks such as unauthorized access, loss, damage, alteration, and disclosure. To ensure that personal information is managed appropriately, personnel responsible for managing personal information are designated at each business unit which receives personal information, and all relevant personnel are thoroughly familiarized with the company-wide information security regulations.
- (2)Information collected automatically
No personally identifiable information (e.g. name, address, phone no., e-mail address) is collected automatically when you access this website. We do collect anonymous information related to site usage for aggregate analysis to improve the site. This anonymous information includes a log of which pages you viewed, and the domain name of the website (e.g., a search site) from which you accessed this website.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites to which links may be included in this website. Please refer to the privacy policies of those websites separately.
Revised April 1, 2016