CSR at Asahi Kasei
We believe that CSR is achieved by raising corporate value for our various stakeholders through our business operations in accordance with our Group Mission of contributing to life and living for people around the world.
In addition, based on a clear understanding of the effects of our operations on the global environment and local communities, our efforts and actions related to CSR are focused on four CSR Fundamentals: Compliance, Responsible Care, Corporate Citizenship, and Respect for Employee Individuality.
Four CSR Fundamentals
The Asahi Kasei Group constantly endeavors to strengthen corporate governance for increased corporate value.
CSR Reference Notes
In 2014 we combined our Annual Report and CSR Report together in a single Asahi Kasei Report.
Asahi Kasei supports the UN Global Compact and its 10 universal principles
The 10 principles of the UN Global Compact
- Human Rights
- Principle 1.Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2.make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 7.Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8.undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9.encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 3.Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4.the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor;
- Principle 5.the effective abolition of child labor; and
- Principle 6.the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 10.Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
For more information about the UN Global Compact, please refer to