Unique three-layered microstructure－where quality and advantages begin
Lamous is composed of a three-layered microstructure; front, core and back. The front and back layers consist of three-dimensionally entangled polyester ultra fine microfibers (roughly 1/18 the thickness of hair). The core layer is composed of a fine, specially-woven fabric called "scrim," which improves strength and dimensional stability. Impregnation with water-based polyurethane in the spaces between the ultra fine microfibers imparts a soft and highly flexible texture. This unique three-layered microstructure enables Lamous to meet various kinds of customer requirements and create a wide variety of designs and fields of application.
Comparative micrograph of Lamous microfibers
- Lamous ultra fine microfibers
- Human hairs
Micrograph of Lamous cross-section
Advantage of Lamous unique three-layered microstructure
- Attractive integrated designs
- Beautiful colors
- Mélange (by mixing multiple ultra fine microfibers)
- Smooth texture
- Pilling-less (by short ultra fine microfibers)
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Wrinkleless when molded, especially for upholstery
- Distinguished physical strength
- Scratch resistance of dog/cat claws
- Additional functionality by scrim development
- Stretch, etc
- Additional functionality by using special microfibers
- fire retardancy, anti-static, etc
Lamous material development has unlimited potential possibilities.
Through various combinations of the ultra fine microfibers and scrim used in the unique three-layered microstructure, it is possible to impart a variety of functionality and designs. Utilizing the excellent material development capabilities of Lamous, we can cater to a diverse range of customer requirements.
It is also possible to add various designs and improve functionality, such as water repellency, fire retardancy, and anti-static property through post-processing techniques.