The World of Bemberg™
Find out about the manufacturing plant, laboratory, and an associated facility.
Some of these facilities accept reservations for tours and visits.
Asahi Kasei built and began operating the Bemberg Plant in Nobeoka City, Miyazaki Prefecture in 1931. The plant has been operating for more than 85 years in the rich natural environment of Nobeoka. In this production facility, which utilizes a variety of creative measures for protecting the environment, Asahi Kasei has been striving to improve the quality of the product and expand its applications as the only Bemberg manufacturer in the world while considering the local natural environment.
Guided tour in the Bemberg Plant is available upon request.
- Application (reservation required)
- 3400-1 Asahimachi 4-chome, Nobeoka-shi,
Miyazaki Prefecture, 882-0847 Japan
- Phone: +81-982-22-4100 / Facsimile: +81-982-22-4106
- Business days
- Monday to Friday (closed on Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays)
- *We accept up to 30 persons per group.
- *The plant tour is not available to children younger than fifth grade.
Asahi Kasei R&D Laboratory for applied products
At the center, Asahi Kasei studies the finishing technologies and physical properties of Bemberg as well as product comfort. The company also leads further research into new product features and products with new value.
The center is equipped with artificial climate chambers and other apparatus that enable the company to test the features of products with a high degree of accuracy.
Assessment of comfort (artificial climate chambers)
Physiological evaluation (skin friction testing)
Development of high performance products(precision measurement apparatus)
Analysis (fiber analysis)
Bemberg Lining Museum+
Bemberg Lining Museum+ -- A place to learn about history and tradition and thinking about the future
The museum exhibits more than 3,000 linings at all times. The place is meant to lead to a better understanding of clothes making along with the features of Bemberg linings from many different aspects. Visitors are able to try on garments to experience the material's functional strengths, and learn about Bemberg through historical images and movies.
- The Bemberg Lining Museum+ is temporary CLOSED due to relocation. Re-opening will be announced in the end of October 2018. We apologize for any inconvenience, please kindly await for further updates.