How WGF™ can be helpful to your application
Anti reflection filter for Infrared sensors
Unlike conventional polarizers, WGF™ can be used in infrared or even longer wavelength range.Taking advantage of this property, it has been used as a filter for taking fine images with infrared sensor.The main usage is to reduce reflected light, but it is also effective to reduce unnecessary light during transmitted light inspection.In addition, since conventional polarizers are an absorption type, there are problems such as thermal deformation when used in high-brightness lighting. WGF™, which absorbs less heat, can be used for such purposes.
Examples of solutions
Several imaging effect of WGF™
WGF™ offers several kinds of imaging solutions, not only industrial products such as metals and resins, but also perishables and biometrics.
A face wearing glasses
Anti-reflection when shooting a metal can
Cutting unnecessary transmitted light during transmission inspection inside a printer ink tank
QR code reading through wrapping film
Transmission inspection of tomato
Detection of contaminants in an opaque bag
Sensor model: ABA-003IR-GE/ABA-013VIR-GE
PBS, Polarization beam splitter for coaxial epi-illumination inspection machines
Optical stability for wide AOI, angle of incidence
Polarizing beam splitter, PBS with WGF™ has stable optical performance in a wide range AOI. Even in the optical system with reducing lenses, the color and polarization do not change partially, which can be expected to improve quality of imaging inspection. If you are already using a half mirror, you can expect an improvement in brightness by replacing it with WGF™ PBS.
Coaxial epi-illumination system optical system and PBS
Optical characteristics of PBS
Top) Dielectric multilayer type Bottom) WGF™
Flexibility of PBS size, material and other spec
- While size of general beam splitters is 5 to 25 mm or 1 inch, you can arrange WGF™ PBS in any size you like, even a wider size such as 50mm or more.
- You can choose refractive index of glass according to your equipment.
- WGF™ PBS has been adopted in inspection machine for years.
- Other specs such as 4-sided AR coating are available.
Sandwich Structure with a couple of prisms and WGF™
WGF™ Polarizer for high intensity lighting
Polarizer for high intensity polarized lighting
- Conventional polarizers are deformed or damaged when used for high-intensity polarized lighting. WGF™ can be used with high-intensity halogen lighting.
- Furthermore, the brightness can be improved by recursively using the reflected light on WGF™.
PBS, Polarization beam splitter for AR Glass
AR Glasses in the current market use LCOS for their displays, which structurally require PBS. PBS using WGF™ has been used by many customers for years because it provides stable optical performance even for a wide range of AOI.