Announcement of marketing of Bredinin™ OD25 and Bredinin™ OD50
Asahi Kasei Pharma Corp.
Asahi Kasei Pharma today launched Bredinin™ OD25 and Bredinin™ OD50, orally disintegrating formulations of the immunosuppressant Bredinin™ (generic name: mizoribine).
Bredinin™ OD25 and Bredinin™ OD50 are new orally disintegrating tablet formulations of Bredinin™ 25 and Bredinin™ 50 tablets, and can be taken with or without water. They are expected to be easier to take for seniors or others who have trouble swallowing conventional tablets.
Asahi Kasei Pharma hopes that the new formulations will better meet a wider range of patient needs.
About the products
- Product names
- Bredinin™ OD25 and Bredinin™ OD50
- Generic name
- 1．Suppression of immune response following renal transplantation
- 2．Nephrotic syndrome due to primary glomerular diseases (only when difficult to treat with corticosteroids alone; not for frequently relapsing nephrotic syndrome)
- 3．Lupus nephritis (only when symptoms such as persistent proteinuria, nephrotic syndrome, and diminished renal function are observed and it is difficult to treat with corticosteroids alone)
- 4．Rheumatoid arthritis (only in patients who have previously had inadequate response to treatment with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and at least one anti-rheumatic agent)
- Date of approval for manufacturing and marketing
- August 15, 2016
- Date of NHI drug price listing
- December 9, 2016
- NHI drug price
- ¥147.9 for Bredinin™ OD25
¥249.0 for Bredinin™ OD50