Long-term durability / Weatherability
Long-term heat resistance (5000 hours continuous test)
〈Bending strength (ISO1209)〉 more than 50% (Compared with before testing)
〈Shrinking percentage〉 Less than 1%
|Expand ratio (density g/liter)||Thermal resistance temperature|
NOTE: The figures are for reference purposes. Subject to handling conditions the figures may vary.
The chart below shows the transition of flexural modulus under a long period of high-temperature. Each line shows the case of 70 / 80 / 90 degree Celsius. (Before testing = 100%)
①Weatherability test (Equivalent to UL746C standard)
After conducting water immersion and UV/water exposure according to UL746C, SunForce can meet the criteria equivalent to UL746C f1.
*f1 certification has not been acquired.
Immesrsion in 70℃ water for 7days
Xenon lamp UV exposure (102 min.) and water spray (18 min.) is repeated 500 times (1000 hours in total)
1. Flame retardancy test
|Before Test||After water immersion test||After UV/water exposure test|
f1 criteria: No change
- Flame retardancy test in accordance with UL94 (vertical combustion)
- SunForce BE 10 times (10mm thickness)
2. Flextural Strength
- [Span] 90mm [Crosshead speed] 4.2 mm/min.
- SunForce BE 10 times (125 mm length / 13.0 mm width / 10 mm thickness)
3. Charpy impact strength
- Charpy impact test in accordance with ASTM D6110
- SunForce BE 10 times (10mm thickness with notch)
②UV irradiation test
Conditions of weatherability test is as below.
- SunForce (7x times expanded)
- Irradiation condition
- Based on ISO4892-4 (JIS K 7350-4)
- Sunshine weather meter S80 (Suga Test Instruments Co., Ltd.)
- Light equipment
- Sunshine carbon arc (Filter: SF-A)
Black panel temperature: 63±3 degree Celsius
- Rainfall condition
- 18 minutes / 120 minutes
*The transition ratio is different from test ① because the different light source is used.